Coldwell Banker Professional AssociatesPhone: (573) 547-1000 email@example.comListing Provided By: Robert K Herbst of Berkshire Hathaway Homeservice
Three Quarter Bath(s):
Through the year's Elmwood was first known as the "Giboney Place" after the original family that owned it since they laid claim in 1797. Alexander and Rebecca Giboney traveled from territory now known as West Virginia, down the Ohio River and crossed the Mississippi River at Cairo, landing above New Madrid at Byrd's Point. Alexanders brother-in-law established in the new territory in 1795, just after Lorimer settle in 1793. They built and lived in a one room "cabin", later building a larger frame homestead. Mr. Giboney died in 1804, and Rebecca Ramsey continue managing the plantation, originally 400 Arpens until her death in 1840. Her son Andrew Giboney began building the large brick manor house in the mid 1840's. His only surviving child, Mary Hunter Giboney returned home at the end of the civil war, and began active management of the place. Mary married Louis Houck and they continued living with her father until his death in 1875.
Updated: 07/06/2021 You may not reproduce or redistribute this data, it is for viewing purposes only. This data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed to be accurate.
MLS Internet Data Exchange (IDX) information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing, and that the data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the Maris MLS.
Each office is independently owned and operated. Copyright 2018